Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) face-to-face events may be moved online or cancelled at short notice. If you have questions about the status of an event, please contact the event organiser on the listing. The latest business information and support for coronavirus (COVID-19) is available at Business Victoria.
Meetup - Hack with our Raspberry Pi's & Collaborate on projects
- Sun 2nd Aug 2020, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- 107 Victoria Harbour Promenade, Docklands VIC 3008
!!!! The Melbourne Raspberry Pi Hackers Group would like to thank the City of Melbourne and especially the Docklands Library Maker Space for their on-going support. !!!!!
This meetup is open to everyone with an interest in electronics, robotics, making, 3D printing, laser cutting, etc. Hackers (budding, amateurs, etc.) with interests in open hardware e.g. Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32, Raspberry Pi, Onion, OrangePi, etc. are invited to bring along their projects and come hack with us at the meetup. Meetup with other hackers here in Melbourne, get your questions answered, show off the work you are doing and get going on those problems that have stalled progress on your projects.
The Docklands library has kits that you can borrow for use during the meetup. We encourage you to register as a library member, get inducted and grab a kit so that you can get hacking with the rest of us. We welcome hackers of all ages, including kids and women with interests in open hardware, open source.
Come & Learn Arduino with us - If you are getting started with the Arduino and would like to pick up a kit we would recommend picking up one of the Arduino Starter kits from here [ https://www.oztoylib.com.au/product-category/electronics/starter-kits/ ]. Tutorials for the various Arduino Starter kits are available at KidzCanCode.com [ https://learning.kidzcancode.com/ ]. Bring your Arduino / Raspberry Pi kits to class, dive into the tutorials and when you run into issues request one of the hackers to help out.
Come & Learn Rasbperry Pi with us - If you are getting started with the Raspberry Pi we would recommend picking up the SunFounder Super Starter kit for the Raspberry Pi [ https://www.oztoylib.com.au/product-category/electronics/starter-kits/ ] and getting started with the following development track - Exploring Electronics using using the Raspberry Pi and Python [ https://learning.kidzcancode.com/course/exploring-electronics-using-using-the-raspberry-pi-and-python/ ]. Bring your Sunfounder kit to class, dive into the tutorials and when you run into issues request one of the hackers to help out
Come & Hack with us - You can get hands on, form groups, get hacking and work together to solve problems!!!. Our meetups are a great opportunity to ask questions, learn and share what you have learned with the others at the meetup.
You will need to bring along -
• Your laptop with an ethernet port and wifi connection
• There is wireless access, but we recommend that you bring along your Phone / internet connection
• Raspberry Pi (if you have one) along with a wireless dongle (If you own a Raspberry Pi 2, 3, 3B+), or your Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32 etc.
• A 2.5 A USB Power Adapter if you are using a Raspberry Pi (please be cautious, especially if using a Raspberry Pi 3). For those with ESP8266, ESP32 boards (NodeMCU, Wemo, etc.) a 5v, 2A power supply with a micro USB port is recommended. For those with an Arduino a 5v, 2A regulated power supply with a USB Type B is required.
• Ethernet cable if you have one and need to troubleshoot any connectivity issues with the Rasberry Pi
• Please note that we do not have any monitors at the makerspace. The makerspace does provide access to Pi-Tops which you can use during the session. We should be able to Pi-Top screens and set them as temporarily as a monitor for you.
Please bring along any projects you have built. Show off what you've built and seek help as required.
Kids are welcome at the meetup. If you are bringing them along please note that you are responsible for their safety all through the session.
Stay safe. Read the foundation guidelines at - http://rpf.io/safeguarding
The location for this meetup is -
Level 2 Maker Space, Library at The Dock,
107 Victoria Harbour Promenade,
Docklands VIC 3008
Reach me at trevor at hack2 dot live.