Sandhurst CE Digital Technologies Workshop 2 Days - Wangaratta
What will the workshop include?
- Case studies showcasing existing practice, and school-wide scope & sequence, incorporating ACA resources
- Hands-on experiences with free, classroom-ready resources that target the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Introduction to various programming tools available, including visual and text-based programming, and object-oriented approaches as well as micro:bit projects.
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming, covering coding aspects of years 5-6 and 7-8 curriculum, focusing on defining and decomposing real-world problems, designing algorithms and implementing programs.
The workshop runs from 9 am - 4:30pm on both days.
Who Should Attend?
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
Is there a cost?
Tickets are $140 for the two-day event. This covers the cost of the workshop, 1 Micro:bit Go Bundle and 1 ACA card pack, used during the workshop which you can keep for your enjoyment.
Members of DLTV can access discounted tickets for $100 using discount codes provided by your local association - contact them for more details.
What should I bring?
Bring yourself and a laptop. We'll organise the rest, including lunch and morning tea both days, as well as lots of classroom-ready resources to take away.
The Australian Digital Technologies Challenges and workshops are an initiative of, and funded by, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.