Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) face-to-face events may be moved online or cancelled at short notice. If you have questions about the status of an event, please contact the event organiser on the listing. The latest business information and support for coronavirus (COVID-19) is available at Business Victoria.
Deep Learning, Melbourne
An exploration of Machine Learning and two common approaches and techniques behind it.
About this Event
Let’s face it, you’ve heard all about ‘AI’ and the massive effects it will have on the world. The funny thing is that most of us don’t really understand its processes and commercial utility. Whether you’re technical or not, don’t let this hold you back.
This is the second session of our monthly meet up, which is part of an all-in-one course for any engineer, business analyst, CEO or senior executive to understand and master AI. It will will combine an educational presentation by Steve Nouri with light refreshments and networking.
Steve Nouri is a Forbes Technology Council member, Lead Data Scientist and the Head of Data Science and AI at ACS, who will illuminate how AI really works, and what it can do for your organisation: https://au.linkedin.com/in/stevenouri
In this session, you will:
Explore the fundamentals behind machine learning. Learn about two common machine leaning approaches:
- Unsupervised learning, which finds hidden patterns in input data
- Supervised learning, which trains a model on known input and output data so that it can predict future outputs
You’ll also learn about three common techniques within these approaches:
- Clustering techniques put data into different groups based on shared characteristics in the data.
- Classification techniques predict discrete responses—like whether an email is genuine or spam.
- Regression techniques predict continuous responses, such as what temperature a thermostat should be set at or fluctuations in electricity demand.
About the Team
The Data Science and AI team at ACS is made up of Australia’s top product, economics, data scientists, education design and UX experts. We will soon be launching a bespoke social and up skilling platform for the Data Science and AI community, so stay tuned!
Not able to make this session?
Hungry to learn more?
Keep your eyes peeled for our proceeding sessions to come!