Restrictions are in place to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and save lives. For more information visit the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website.
Economy to Ecosystem: Grasping Complexity and Understanding Relationships
Presented by New Systems Training and Blockchain Centre Melbourne
Blockchains and other distributed ledger technologies are able to design currencies and different ways of trading value, and its success comes down to governance design and how communities and societies manage protocols.
This presentation will explore how networks and communities who trade currencies and economies are often considered as disparate and separate objects but are interconnected with strong relationships.
Topics covered are:
- Purpose of governance design for distributed systems.
- Limitations of object-oriented thinking
- Examples of fuzzy boundaries
- Complicated versus complex systems
- Feedback loops in current monetary and political systems
- Optimal balance between authoritarianism and libertarianism
- How feedback loops can be designed to improve the balance between central authority and distributed liberty over time.