Little Scientists STEM Engineering Workshop, Doncaster VIC
See-saws, slides and merry-go-rounds: Physical forces are all part of the fun and children love to explore their effects.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how to recognise opportunities for technical education
- explore invention, production, analysis and experimentation as facets of engineering
- recognize individual preferences in technical education and explore your own technical approach
- discover physical forces while leveraging, lifting, swinging and moving
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Time: 9:15am for a 9:30am start. Workshop finishes at 4:30pm
Location: MC2 Manningham City Square - Doncaster Room. 687 Doncaster Road, Doncaster VIC 3108
Public transport: The closest train station is Box Hill, buses frequently depart from this station and stop at Manningham City Square.
Parking: Parking is available within the vicinity of the venue.
Further information: Wear clothing suitable for hands-on activities and experiments.
Cost: $115. Ticket cost includes morning and afternoon tea. Please BYO lunch.
Who? This workshop is suitable for all educators and teachers and prior STEM knowledge is not required.
Bring a friend. We know from experience that people who come along with a friend or colleague tend to get more out of the workshop. If you know someone who’d benefit from this workshop, send them this link to find out more and join your workshop.
Please note: The workshop is for educators and teachers only and it is not suitable for children to attend.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com